Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Meet Our Board
Health and Wellness
Lake Currents Articles
The Village Model
LOWLINC Social Events
Coronavirus -- Things to Do
Fun Things to Do at Home
The list below barely scratches the surface of fun, educational and entertaining things you can do at home. What are you doing? Email us at
to get it included in this list.
University of Mary Washington offers free eight-week online course, June 1-July 22
Covid-19 in Context
Faculty and other experts share their perspectives
1. Go to the Opera. The Metropolitan Opera is dark, but is streaming encore presentations from its award-winning Live in HD series of cinema transmissions on the company website for the duration of the closure.
2. Visit a Museum. Google has curated
from some of the world’s major museums. The
Virginia Museum of History and Culture
has some really interesting lectures and tours online.
3. Visit the
. Watch a webcam.
4. Call Someone. Maybe you haven’t been in touch with a friend in a while. Now is a good time to catch them at home.
5. Stream an Exercise Class. Silver Sneakers Strength and Balance Class.
6. Go Out for a Walk. Enjoy the warm weather in your neighborhood.
7. Write in a Journal. What are you thinking and feeling during this unprecedented time?
8. Listen to Music. Turn on your radio or listen for free music on
. Many singers are performing from home on YouTube. Here's a
Window Seat Concert
from singer Suzy Bogguss.
9. Declutter. Sort through those cabinets, closets and drawers you’ve been meaning to declutter. Check out videos on YouTube.com and search “declutter videos". The Goodwill at Harrison Crossing receives donations from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm daily, but the store is otherwise closed. 540-693-2693.
10. Genealogy. Research your family tree with free resources.
11. Engross Yourself in a New Book. The
Orange County Library
Wilderness Branch may be closed, but the books are still available. Also:
12. Be Creative with Materials You Have at Home. Visit the
Arts Center of Orange
13. Stretch your Brain: Learn a language for free.
offers free instruction.
14. Explore our
15. Go to the
. Enjoy free videos and extraordinary on-demand performances as well as educational activities.
16. For History Buffs.
C-SPAN American History TV
has thousands of hours of history content.
UMW Great Lives
lectures. Although the rest of this year's season has been cancelled, you can catch up on those lectures you missed as well as those in the Archives.
18. Love music? Check out
Live from Here
with Chris Thile, a music and comedy variety show.
LOWLINC, P.O. Box 518, Locust Grove, VA 22508 Phone: 1-855-LOWLINC (569-5462)